The purpose of this project is to develop a stormwater plan for Marin City that identifies and prioritizes protection of:
- Existing homes
- Community assets
The plan will take future development and sea level rise into account. It will also inform updates to the Marin County Multi-Jurisdictional Local Hazard Mitigation Plan.
This project will assemble a network of watershed partners to co-plan and pursue grant funding for multi-benefit hazard mitigation projects in Marin City’s watershed.
We plan to provide the community with resources to overcome barriers to meaningful participation in the planning process. This includes the creation of a community taskforce and efforts to make public meetings more accessible.
Caltrans is also engaged in flooding and sea level rise planning efforts in parallel with this planning effort. We must coordinate these efforts to verify the project recommendations and planning processes are compatible.
- Recommend improvements to protect public access during flood events and reduce flood risk for the entire Marin City community.
- Identify ways to reduce roadway and sidewalk flooding during rain and/or high tides.
- Identify flood protection alternatives and associated costs for improvements.
- Collaborate on equitable and inclusive community engagement specific to flood risk reduction with community, public agencies, non-profit agencies, and selected consultant.
- Integrate with Caltrans planning.
Agencies and partners
- Marin County Flood Control and Water Conservation District
- Felix Meneau, P.E., Project Manager
- Contact form