6:30 pm City of Novato Administrative Offices
Womack Conference Room, 922 Machin Avenue, Novato 94945
Thursday, October 26, 2023
6:30 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
Womack Room, City of Novato Administrative Offices
The Marin County Flood Control & Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors encourages a respectful dialogue that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion. Advisory Board members, staff and the public are expected to be polite and courteous, and refrain from questioning the character or motives of others. Please help create an atmosphere of respect by not booing, whistling or clapping; by adhering to speaking time limits; and by silencing your cell phone.
- Approval of Meeting Minutes: February 10, 2023 (Action Item)
Recommended Action: Approve Minutes
- Open Time for Items Not on the Agenda
- Deer Island Basin Complex Wetland Restoration Design (Information Item)
- Novato Creek Bypass Study (Information Item)
- Novato Creek Sediment Removal Project (Information Item)
- Operations and Maintenance Update (Information Item)
- Programmatic Maintenance Permitting Status
- Preventive Maintenance Program Status
- Pump Station Maintenance
- Vegetation Management
- Sediment Management
- Updating Hydrology for Stafford Dam (Action Item)
Recommended Action: Recommend the District Board of Supervisors approve 1) a resolution of intent to approve a project to update the hydrology and hydraulic analysis for Stafford lake, 2) approve an approximately $150k contract for updated hydrology and hydraulic analysis for Stafford Dam, 3) approve an amendment to the District’s existing 1985 agreement with NMWD for management of the dam, adding that NMWD fully reimburse these contracting costs to the Zone.
- Schedule Next Meetings (Information Item)
Agendas and related material can be viewed at the office of the Marin County Department of Public Works (Marin County Civic Center, Room 304, located at 3501 Civic Center Drive, San Rafael) Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
A copy of the agenda can be faxed or emailed upon request by calling (415) 473-6528. Agendas and related material are also available online at http://www.marinflooddistrict.org.
All public meetings and events sponsored or conducted by the County of Marin are held in accessible sites. Requests for accommodations may be made by calling (415) 473-6528 (Voice), CA Relay 711, or by email at email@example.com at least two workdays in advance of the event. The County will do its best to fulfill requests received with less than two business days’ notice. Copies of documents are available in alternative formats upon request.
How to Provide Public Comment
Before the meeting: email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2pm on the day of the meeting including your name, meeting date, and item it is in reference to.
At the meeting: comments can be provided during each agenda item following these procedures and time limits.
- Flood District Staff report – typically less than 30 minutes
- Advisory Board questions to staff – no defined limit
- Public Testimony to Advisory Board – 3 minutes per speaker
It written public testimony is brought to the meeting, it is not necessary to read the entire text into the minutes, it will be attached to the minutes automatically.
- Deliberation by the Advisory Board – no defined limit
- Decision by Board – no defined limit