6:30 pm Mill Valley Recreation
180 Camino Alto, Mill Valley 94941
Tuesday, October 10, 2023
6:30 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
At Mill Valley Community Center Forest Room
180 Camino Alto, Mill Valley, CA 94941
The Marin County Flood Control & Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors encourages a respectful dialogue that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion. Advisory Board members, staff and the public are expected to be polite and courteous, and refrain from questioning the character or motives of others. Please help create an atmosphere of respect by not booing, whistling or clapping; by adhering to speaking time limits; and by silencing your cell phone.
- New Board Members
- Approval of Meeting Minutes: April 11, 2023
Recommended Action: Approve Minutes
- Open Time for Items Not on the Agenda
- Receive the Engineer’s Report for Zone 3 Marin City Projects
- Marin City Stormwater Plan
- Marin City Stormwater Pond Infrastructure Improvements
- Marin City Donahue Portable Pump Station
- Crest Marin Pump Station Condition Assessment
Recommended Action: Recommend the District Board of Supervisors award a design and environmental compliance contract for Crest Marin Pump Station Rehabilitation and potentially associated drainage improvements, with a budget no more than $500,000.
- Annual and Preventive Maintenance Work Program (Informational Item)
- Flood Zone 3 Investment Strategy Ad-Hoc Subcommittee Update (Written Update Only)
- Budget Adjustment for Staff Time
Recommended Action: Recommend the District Board of Supervisors increase the Zone 3 baseline budget for inter-departmental charges by $60,000 to account for necessary staff time increase for priority project delivery.
- Schedule Next Meetings (Informational Item)
Agendas and related material can be viewed at the office of the Marin County Department of Public Works (Marin County Civic Center, Room 304, located at 3501 Civic Center Drive, San Rafael) Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
A copy of the agenda can be faxed or emailed upon request by calling (415) 473-6528. Agendas and related material are also available online at http://www.marinflooddistrict.org.
All public meetings and events sponsored or conducted by the County of Marin are held in accessible sites. Requests for accommodations may be made by calling (415) 473-6528 (Voice), CA Relay 711, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at least two workdays in advance of the event. The County will do its best to fulfill requests received with less than two business days’ notice. Copies of documents are available in alternative formats upon request.
How to Provide Public Comment
Before the meeting: email comments to email@example.com no later than 2pm on the day of the meeting including your name, meeting date, and item it is in reference to.
At the meeting: comments can be provided during each agenda item following these procedures and time limits.
- Flood District Staff report – typically less than 30 minutes
- Advisory Board questions to staff – no defined limit
- Public Testimony to Advisory Board – 3 minutes per speaker
It written public testimony is brought to the meeting, it is not necessary to read the entire text into the minutes, it will be attached to the minutes automatically.
- Deliberation by the Advisory Board – no defined limit
- Decision by Board – no defined limit