At least some rights I now enjoy will be lost. What are these?

The County/Flood Control District standard Easement Deed will be used along with a Right of Way Contract for the temporary easement rights. The permanent easement will allow the District to build, maintain, repair and replace the proposed flood control structure and the berm that it is built within the easement area described in the Easement Deed (likely to be 10 feet wide or less). Each property owner still retains title to their lot as was described in their Grant Deed when they purchased or acquired their property. The new easement would be an exception to title similar to other easements that may appear on title already.

Close window