For Immediate Release –
San Rafael, CA –
New platform provides people of Marin with an improved online experience intended to evolve with the needs of our community
In its commitment to deliver reliable and quality services and programs as a transparent, modern government organization, the Marin County Flood Control & Water Conservation District has launched its new website. The new website strives to provide, and continually improve, access to the wide range of programs, projects, meeting topics/materials, flood zone details and watershed-related information for the people of Marin County.
The intention is to present our community with a user-friendly experience in which people can easily find their desired information through a streamlined process. The new, user-focused website design was built to function across all devices from mobile to desktop, and it is secured for user privacy protection and makes accessibility a priority. The website, built on the industry leading ProudCity platform, will continue to evolve over time and deliver improved functionality, accessibility, and government transparency with each iteration.
What’s been done so far:
- Completely revised website structure and reorganized information architecture to provide a clearer, streamlined user experience.
- Assessed and re-wrote content to provide clarity to more effectively and successfully communicate with the public than ever before.
- Built website using responsive web design, optimizing for mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Implemented predictive search across all content.
- Improved document library for ease of use and functionality.
- Strengthened transparency by emphasizing the use of plain language across all topics.
- New central area for public meetings and related meeting materials.
- New central area for projects.
- Improved website security.
- Improved digital accessibility (ADA compliance is an ongoing commitment and updates will continue).
- Utilized webforms to improve user experience when contacting the District.
What’s up next:
- First and foremost, this website will be an iterative process based on public feedback and usage data. The ever-evolving approach means that we will always strive to provide our community with the best website and digital services experience possible.
- More webforms and tools will be added as they are identified/developed to help make it easier for our community members to accomplish their goals and meet their needs.
- We will stay committed to the iterative process of adding/updating content so that it is in user-friendly, plain language to better communicate with the public.
- Set up notifications options for interested users.
- Continually update security measures.
- Continually update digital accessibility.
- Training and empowering staff to ensure that web content and services are updated consistently, meeting high quality standards and best practices for government digital services.
What can you do? Give us feedback!
The Flood Control District encourages all users to provide feedback as to how we can improve the online experience and to check back regularly for website updates.
We are proud to serve you, the people of Marin County. Thank you!