11:00 am Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Academy
200 Phillips Dr, Sausalito 94965
Marin City Stormwater Plan Community Meeting #2: Discussion About Project Concepts
WHEN: Saturday, March 9, 2024 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
WHERE: Martin Luther King Jr. Academy Multi-Purpose Room, 200 Phillips Drive, Marin City, CA 94965
WHY: To understand and provide your input on the Stormwater Plan Project Concepts and prioritize what is important to the community.
Purpose of the Marin City Stormwater Plan:
During storm season and high tides, the Marin City neighborhood is regularly impacted by fooding tied to challenging drainage issues. This fooding may worsen and occur more frequently as climate change disrupts weather patterns, strengthens atmospheric river events, and raises sea levels. Marin County’s Flood District and the Marin City community are collaborating to address these issues for the health and safety of the community. The Marin City Stormwater Plan aims to develop a public stormwater infrastructure plan that will guide the potential implementation of future project concepts and help to attract grant funding.
For more information, please visit the project website.
Primary goals of the Plan:
• Protect public access during flooding events
• Collaborate on an equitable and inclusive community engagement process
• Recommend improvements to reduce food risk to existing publicly owned structures, public roadways, and to the highway interchange
• Improve effectiveness of food management operations
• Integrate with Caltrans Planning
• Attract funding sources