The purpose of this project is to develop a stormwater plan for Marin City that identifies and prioritizes protection of:
- Existing homes
- Community assets
The plan will take future development and sea level rise into account. It will also inform updates to the Marin County Multi-Jurisdictional Local Hazard Mitigation Plan.
This project will assemble a network of watershed partners to co-plan and pursue grant funding for multi-benefit hazard mitigation projects in Marin City’s watershed.
The District will provide the community with resources for meaningful participation by the community in the planning process. This includes the creation of a community taskforce and efforts to make public meetings more accessible.
Caltrans is also engaged in flooding and sea level rise planning efforts in parallel with this planning effort. The District will coordinate these efforts to verify that the project recommendations and planning processes are compatible with Caltrans.
- Identify projects to protect public access during flood events.
- Recommend improvements to reduce flood risk to Marin City.
- Improve effectiveness of flood management operations.
- Integrate with CalTrans Planning (but focused on Marin City community and not the freeway).
Agencies and partners
- Marin County Flood Control and Water Conservation District