We operate and maintain:
- Two full weather stations (rainfall, temperature, barometric pressure, etc.)
- Four stream gauging stations
- Four precipitation gauges
They are placed in strategic locations to help us:
- Track the intensity of winter storms as they approach
- Monitor the effects of the storms in critical areas
These stations provide real-time weather data to our receiver on Mt Tam through radio transmissions. From Mt Tam the data is transmitted through an internet connection to a OneRain cloud server and displayed on the Marin County OneRain website. Data is recorded and provided as historic data through the website.
The OneRain website includes links to data that can be used to track and plan for flood events. It also provides links to weather information and tides.
OneRain Gauges in Ross Valley
- Fairfax: Former Sunnyside Nursery (creek and precipitation)
- San Anselmo: Fire Station 20 on Butterfield Road (creek and precipitation)
- Ross: Fire Station 18 on Sir Frances Drake in Ross (creek)
- Kentfield: Fire Station 17 at Sir Francis Drake and College (precipitation)