Zone 3 was formed in 1956 to address creek and tidal flooding adjacent to Richardson Bay.
Zone 3 covers over 13 square miles. It includes the City of Mill Valley and several unincorporated communities:
- Marin City
- Sutton Manor
- Tamalpais Valley
- Homestead Valley
- Portions of Strawberry Point
There are 12,560 parcels in the Zone.
The boundaries of the Zone include the subwatersheds of
- Arroyo Corte Madera del Presidio
- Warner Creek
- Coyote Creek
These all drain to Richardson Bay.
Zone 3 is located within the Richardson Bay watershed.
The Zone 3 work program includes:
- Regular servicing of 13 pumps at 5 pump stations
- Maintenance of 1.3 miles of flood protection levees
- Maintenance of tidegates and trash racks
- Annual vegetation maintenance program along 3 miles of creek
- Periodic dredging of lower Coyote Creek to remove accumulated sediment in the concrete chancel to improve flow conveyance
The Zone is overseen by a seven-member Advisory Board.
- Phone: (415) 473-6528
- Contact us by email